Sunday, September 26, 2010

3rd Run, Antibes to Vallauris

Will you run tomorrow as it's going to rain? Wife asked me the question yesterday as according to the weather forecast, it should be a rainy day today. Well, I'm going to run in the rain, that was my answer. However it turned out to be a beautiful day today so I decided to go to a beautiful place by running. It happened to be the Vallauris village, it's name is quite beautiful, I think.

I set off with a pace about 6min/km which is quite comfortable, the road I took is quite a small road and it's very quiet and with very few cars. I kept the pace for quite a while, then the road starts to go up to the mountain, I tried to continue for about 1km then I have to stop because I started to feel hard to breath. Then I entered into the valley where Vallauris sits. I did not spend much time in the village and I turned back immediately. The way back is easier as it goes down all the way. With no difficulty, I finished the 10 km run in 70 minutes.

Here are the stats, it's a round trip run, so a little bit hard to read on the map. Especially, we can see the elevation shown in gray, in the small figure to the right of the map, there is very important elevation at the middle of the run and the pace became null there :(



Bonus! A picture I took at the summit, it's a beautiful view to the sea.

Next Sunday, it's the "Courir pour une fleur" - "Run for a flower" competition. I want to go but have to get a medical certification first. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment