Saturday, September 18, 2010

The first post, the running starts.

Well, actually the running does not start today, it started four years ago, at 2006, when I moved to Paris for my study. At that time, I have lot of time but not so many friends, with nothing to do, I said to myself, OK, why not go running?

So it started like this and during four months I went out almost every Sunday afternoon, running on the streets. It turned out that Paris is a nice place for running, I have beautiful parks, I have large boulevard with trees on both sides, I have nice buildings and famous sites to see and I have the Seine river. Running is such a pleasure, especially on Sunday afternoon, there is almost no car on the street! It's hot during the summer, yes, very hot especially in 2006, but it lasted for only several weeks, and actually I liked to run in hot days. I went out running early afternoon with a bottle of 1.5L of water, and came back at usually about 6pm with the empty bottle.It's very special experience.

Later, I moved again, this time to Brest. It's a western city much smaller compared to Paris and where I have a beautiful seashore right behind the campus. Running here is a lot of fun too. The air is really fresh, there is a small trail in the forest where people often run, it is very comfortable when you step on the soft ground covered by leaves and at the same time with a beautiful view to the sea at one side.

I went back to Paris after 18 months at Brest, I continued running on the streets and parks in Paris. Then I came where I'm currently living, a small southern town of Antibes, still along the beach but this time it's the beach of Mediterranean Sea. Now I run regularly twice a week each between five to eight kilometers. Once during the weekdays in the mountain and the other at the weekend along the beach.

And now with this opening post, I will record everything related with my running life in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment