Sunday, September 19, 2010

Get the most out of your runs

After running for about four years once or twice a week with my old shoes, a pair of Nike Air as a gift from my sister in law, I finally need a new pair. This time, my wife bought me a pair of Adidas RESPONSE CUSHION 18.


It's marked as miCoach compatible, which triggered my curiosity. After a quick internet search, I found out it's a free training facility. What interested me most is that you can download an iphone application that tracks your run, thanks to the GPS on the iPhone. Also, you can upload stats to you adidas.com online account. I used to run with my iPhone 3Gs, it's quite convenient to have music, time, map and camera all together. Now I can even record stats of my run, how exciting! However, when I tried to download it to my iPhone, I got an error that  it required a higher version of iOS to install... Oh, no, I don't want to update the iOS just for this single application.


However, just yesterday, I happened to know from Dialla's blog "Le Blog de Dialla", another similar personal coach facility, namely Nike+. It also provides a similar iPhone application.

Again, I need iOS 4 to install it. Enh, ok, when it comes a second time, it seems that I need to do it, so I spent one hour to upgrade my iPhone with iOS 4. Then I installed both miCoach and Nike+ GPS. After a quick study on both, I decided to try the Nike+ first. It seems that Nike+ supports more social connection functionalities such as finding/adding friends, share with facebook, etc. However, Nike+ GPS for iPhone is not free as the miCoach of Adidas. Well, it's not expensive yet, it costs less than two euros.


Cannot wait for the first stat!

1 comment:

  1. And how about your new running clothes?
    Waiting for your next report :)

    ReplyDelete