Wednesday, October 27, 2010

11th Run, Sophia Antipolis, First Test of Nike+ GPS 2.0.1

 

Again, it’s an ideal day to run, but what excited me more is I’m going to see what’s new in the Nike+ GPS 2.0.1.

I started a new workout then at once, I noticed that there is another option in the “Run Setup” page. That is the “Get Cheers” option.

IMG_0693

With a facebook icon, I immediately guess what this option does, probably it will sent a post to facebook saying I’m starting a new run so friends will know… OK, anyway, I turned it on then go on running.

And when I came back and open my facebook, guess what, I had two post there already. One is when I started the run and the other is when the run ended. Here is what I got for the start:

facebook-start

As we can see, “Comment of Like to send me some mid-run cheers”, well, nobody just commented or liked this post during I’m running, but it seems that if somebody every did that, I’ll get a kind of notice on my iPhone when I was running. It could be wonderful if it really works this way.

On the contrary, I don’t like very much the post at the end, mainly because the link brings you to the NIke+ main page instead of my run page as before.

facebook-end

Here is the old automatic post with a link to the run page:

facebook-old

Then, there is nothing special to say about the run itself. What surprised me is when I tried to see the route info as usual, I got an empty map. This really disappointed me. I hope this is just a temporary problem instead of a bug in 2.0.1.

IMG_0694

An the same when I looked at the Pace page. BTW, I liked the way the pace is displayed with colors that shows you directly where I was fast and where I was slow. And this feature is not available on the website, so I really hope the empty map problem get fixed as soon as possible.

 IMG_0695

Summary,

Pros:
the “Get Cheers” during the run is pretty interesting, still to see how exactly it works.

Cons:
Run finished post on facebook does not have link to the run page, less informative.
Route info shows empty maps, to see if the problem persists.

No comments:

Post a Comment