Sunday, October 17, 2010

8th run, Antibes Fort Carré

It’s not the best day for a run, the wind is strong, a little bit cold, heavy cloud, but I don’t really care.

I set off with a normal speed this will warm me up faster, and after two kilo, I stopped feeling any cold even with the wind becoming really strong at the beach. The sea became violent also and I can feel the sea water brought by the wind.

Nobody was there on the beach, I can remember how many people were there enjoying the sunlight during the summer, compared to that, the beach is really deserted now. The coming winter is also confirmed by an old man at the beach, who was collecting the broken tree branches brought by the wave. With his small hand saw, he cut the branches into pieces and put them into his old car. That’s for his fireplace, I believe.

At six kilo, it started to rain, quite big drops, accelerated by the gravity and also by the strong wind, it hurts a bit when hitting me. That did not bother me, the only issue is I tried quite hard to protect my iPhone, the only cover it has is my hand. Fortunately, it survived and continued working.

Took a picture of the old Antibes with the heavy cloud.

IMG_0680

Also found a funny building on the way in the old Antibes. Big blue snails.

IMG_0681

The cost of the pictures is that I lost about 5 minutes record, I forgot to resume the Nike+ GPS workout after taking the first photo. So here are the stats.

run-17102010

Notice that the straight line at the second kilo is not true but the approximation is acceptable. However, the pace is funny and buggy as usual, here it is.

pace-17102010

With this workout, I contributed another 9.5 kilo to the CAPA region in the competition, now we have only 3200 kilo to catch up the second place!

defi-17102010

Finally, I was quite impressed that when I got home and logged in my facebook, I already saw my run published! Then I remembered that I enabled the “Share my Activity” at nikeplus.com, that’s really cool. I highly recommend you to activate that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment