Sunday, November 21, 2010

16th Run, Cap d'Antibes Inversed

It has been another rainy weekend, however, fortunately, we had a short period of two hours clear day in the Sunday afternoon, which is just my run time.My plan today was to run the Cap d'Antibes, unlike usually I take counter clockwise circle, today, I'd like to do a clockwise run. Well, clockwise or counter clockwise, it does not make a lot of differences if the the route is flat, but it's not the case here so I'd like to give it a try.

Also, I'd like to test the new Nike+ GPS v2.1 functionalities. However, I had several problems in this run. First of all, the tracking data seems incomplete, I ran 11kilo and Nike+ GPS reported this correctly but the route is not correctly shown on the map which is powered by Google. Not sure where has been going wrong. In the snapshot below we can see that the kilometer marks are correctly placed but the run ends at about 7 kilos which is marked in the finish point information as 11kilos. The actual finish point is 4kilos later though.


This reminded me last time I had the similar problem, I accelerated a lot for the last 600 meters that time and Nike+ was unable to collect the right data. I did accelerated for the last part this run because it's all the way down the hill!

Conclusion, I shouldn't run too fast with my Nike+ GPS otherwise it won't be able to track my run data.

OK, now the new functionality, as claimed on the upgrade page, post to Facebook is enhanced, let's see what's that enhancement.

After I finished the run, there is alway the button lets me to share this run, and I tapped on it and now something is different, I'm able to give a summary of  the run now. Like this:


That's better, let's say, "I feel much better now!" :D Then here is what has been posted on Facebook.


Well again, I did that twice because the first time Nike+ GPS just crashed and I was brought back to the springboard, I had to restart the application and share the run again.

Anyway, I achieved my fastest 10k today, it took me 55'36. Contributed today 11+1 kilos (I ran another short 1kilo to go back home faster :D ) to the PACA, always at the third place.


Also contributed to Run Back To Beijing 12kilo, now I have achieved 130kilos in total. 

No comments:

Post a Comment