Sunday, November 28, 2010

18th Run, Grasse

Yes! It's today the competition "10kilo de Grasse" I've registered weeks ago.

The dark side is that it's a rainy and cold day and my new shirt with long sleeves that my wife bought weeks ago is not delivered yet so I have to run with my bare arms wet.

But the light side is that my friend Jerome lives there and he helped me a lot and was there supporting me together with my wife and my little Pierre. Also, the road is quite flat even though Grasse is a town in the mountain area. Also again, Grasse is a beautiful town who is famous of it's perfume. Running there shall be enjoying even in the rain.

Not a lot to say about the run, just one thing that impressed me quite a lot, it's cold with the rain, but when waiting to start, I didn't feel the cold at all, because, look at the photo below, we are packed.


Here is my number, somebody has his or her name on it, but I don't, not sure how they did it.



During the run, I kept my rhythm quite well and finally, I made it in 50'50 according to my Nike+ GPS which recorded 9.87 kilo. The official result will come soon.



Unfortunately, there is always a problem with the last part of the run which is not correctly shown on the map. I doubt there is a bug somewhere, either the Nike+ GPS, either the Google map. As it's always the last part of the run that can not be correctly shown which is about 1 kilo, I'd like to name it as "the last kilo bug". (I'm a programmer, I usually number bugs but sometimes I name bugs too. :D )

Finally, great thanks to my friend Jerome who is very hospitable and helped me a lot the whole day. Also great thanks to my wife and my little Pierre who were there supporting me in the cold rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment